Saturday, October 3, 2009

My little boy is 3!!

Well, even though Dean is just now into 2T clothes, he is finally 3 years old! My mom and I worked ourselves into a sweat yesterday trying to get him to sit for pictures. We got a few decent ones. What can I say, that's Dean!
Now, I have a disclaimer before you look at these pathetic party pictures: Dean does not like cake. I've tried quite a few times, and he eats about 1 bite, so what's the point in spending hours making an extraordinary Thomas or Lightning McQueen cake? Last year I made the cutest Elmo cake, only for him to poke at it, then get mad that he had frosting on his fingers. So instead, I made him cookies. I know what you're all thinking, with me for a mother, how in the world does Dean not eat cake?? I should've just thrown 5 Tootsie Rolls in front of him and he'd be in hog's heaven (he's definitely his father's son!)

He dug into the cookie during the Happy Birthday song, which he loved singing to himself.
Dean's aunt Brittany got him an Elmo book and coloring book. I love how he's copying Jonathan by folding his arms while Jonathan read to him.
Happy Birthday baby! We love you.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dean!! We love you. I can't believe you're three already. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Dean! I personally think that cookies make a great cake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya on the cake thing! My kids didn't love it until they got older. I also stopped making "shape" cakes...why???? We do cupcakes now. Much easier and I can count the carbs! Happy Birthday Mr. Three Year Old! Such a cute little man! (by the way...Dean and Colby can share 2T clothes. Where did we get such little boys?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Dean! So funny about the cake. I am totaly on board with the cookie thing. As long as he is happy, right?!

    ReplyDelete