Saturday, October 3, 2009

September, In-laws, Puyallup Fair...

First of all, welcome to our new blog! I guess we've entered the realm of real bloggers since we used up all of our free space. If you're reading this, we're glad you're still following us!
September was quite a busy month. And we had a huge breakthrough with Dean. He finally got on the lawn mower with Grandpa!! This really was cool for us because he used to be so scared of it.
Jonathan's parents came and spent a weekend with us. Before church, my mom tried to take a picture of us with them, but Dean wasn't really into it (surprise surprise!) What child doesn't like to have pictures taken? I just don't get it. Anyway, it makes for a pretty funny picture.
The best part of September in Washington is going to the Puyallup Fair. I've been going since I was a little girl, and I haven't been able to go for the past 3 years, so I was pretty excited to take Jonathan and the kids. It has tons of rides, LOTS of food, and every barn animal you can think of. Dean shook with fear in the petting zoo because baby goats kept running past him, but we got him to pet a few animals. This is him hammering a fish stencil into leather. He mostly hit the guy's hand, but he really wanted to do it himself (yikes, we've entered that stage of life...)
This clown was actually not scary, so I hopped on back of her bike for a photo opportunity.
self-expanatory picture

For all you nursing mothers out there, here is a picture to make you feel much better!! This is the award-winning pig that gave birth to 15 little piglets. So cute! (the babies, not the mother)
Dean liked the ponies more than any other animal.
Here is Dean with his 3 other 3-year-old cousins that all live in Puyallup. We were kind of a crazy group walking around together.
And last but not least, I cannot end a post about the Puyallup Fair without leaving you with the words to the chorus of the Puyallup Fair song:
"You can do it at a trot, you can do it at a gallop,
you can do it real slow so your heart won't palpitate,
Just don't be late... Do the Puyallup!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see that you figured it out! I will forever be a follower of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a video of you singing it. :) Your family picture at the top is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture where Dean is crying and Dawson has his arm in the air like he's saying, "This is great!"

    ReplyDelete