Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Surf's Up, Dude!

Last weekend, we were able to participate in an annual surf trip to Seaside, Oregon. So fun! Jonathan and I had never surfed before, so we were excited and a little nervous. We rented a house on the beach with some friends from our ward, the Crisenberrys, the Manns, and the Eltons. We left the kids with my parents (thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!!) and had such a great time getting to know our friends better and learning how to surf!

Getting ready to head to the beach.
G


This place was beautiful! And the weather was perfect for us. Being in Oregon, the water is freezing, but we had wetsuits so we couldn't even really tell. Speaking of wetsuits, holy moly those things are hard to get on and off!

Heather, me, and Mimi



Okay, so Jonathan laughed so hard at me because I couldn't actually carry the surfboard like everyone else did. My arms were too short! I hope you all get as much amusement out of my piddly little arms as Jonathan did. (that's me in the middle, dragging the board). Jonathan didn't actually get any pictures of me surfing, but I did actually get up on my knees a few times, so I was proud of that.

Nathan, Jonathan, and Evan

This was the only good shot I got of Jon up on the board; he's the one in the background.

Evan and Heather and their cutie boy Merrick

Both nights we were there we all sat around and played games until pretty late. It was so fun. We found a new game that Jonathan and I love. It's called Cranium Pop, and I highly recommend it!





Thanks for everyone that came and surfed with us. We had such a great time, and we can't wait until next year's trip!

6 comments:

  1. oh man! we are so glad you guys came with us this year! we had a blast and are glad you did too! you guys totally have to come next year even if you move away!!! and i am borrowing some pictures for our blog! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jon's face in the third from the bottom picture. Was he hitting a high pitched squealy laugh? I hope so. That is my favorite!!! I'm so happy you were able to go and have fun. Hurray for Grandparents! Hey...anyone want to take my kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I can't believe you all surfed in such cold weather! You are much braver than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried surfing in Hawaii. It's hard. And I was in warm water. Way to go, tough guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm totally jealous. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caprice, I finally checked your blog out and you are a great blogger! I enjoyed looking at all of your posts. Thanks also for taking so many pictures and then posting them, it was fun to see them again. We had a blast with you guys and can't wait to do it again next year!

    ReplyDelete