Sunday, February 21, 2010

A beautiful day for yard work

Well, it's the middle of February, and instead of having our usual 30 degree weather and lots of rain, we have mild temperatures and sunshine! It has been a beautiful week, and Jonathan and I were able to work on the planters in our front yard. They were covered in moss and rocks, so we had to remove the thick moss covering all our beautiful rocks and rearrange them into a nice planter. Once it really is Spring and we don't have the chance of a frost again, I will probably plant flowers around the trees.
We also worked a little bit in the back, although that is going to take a lot of work. Yesterday we just worked  on ripping moss off the rocks and taking out dead plants.
Dean was a HUGE help, as you can imagine. He wanted his gloves on too just like Daddy, and he pulled plants out that weren't dead. He had a great a time.
Here are the boys after a hard day of working in the yard. We also tried taking family pictures but it was actually quite a disaster so we were pretty wiped out. I put on a movie for the kids and Jonathan sacked out on the chair.

Here's a fun picture. I made this collage of pictures I took while we lived in Little Italy in Cleveland. I got it framed and put it up in our office. I miss our 4 years in Cleveland SO much, and this helps me remember all the fun we had there. To everyone who lived or lives in Cleveland, we miss you!!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun collage... that's such a great idea. We miss you guys too!

    I am in love with your house. I wish I could make a clone of it out here for us in a few years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that collage! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks great already! I'm jealous of the weather, it looks gorgeous out. I also love the collage, brings back so many good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good in the front yard. I might miss that really groovy moss you had going on though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dying to see your house -- and more importantly, the people in it -- in person. Soon, hopefully. And I updated my blog, just for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your house! What a great idea, puting together a Little Italy collage. I want to do something like that. We miss you guys! When are we going to get together?

    ReplyDelete