Friday, March 5, 2010

An Attempt at Family Pictures


Since Jonathan and I are gluttons for punishment, we decided to have my mother take family pictures of us in our backyard last weekend. It was 20 minutes of pure torture (that's how long I lasted). Dean tried really hard to be good because we told him he'd get a surprise, but he just could not keep still. Dawson, on the other hand, was the little devil. Needless to say, neither child got their surprise. Their little cars from the Target dollar aisle are still hiding in my cupboard. This was our best family shot, so you can tell how great the rest of them are.
Now, although we didn't get any good shots of all 4 of us, we did get some precious ones of us with each of the boys. Here's my shot with Dean.
This is my absolute favorite! I think it is purely fantastic.

Don't be fooled! Dean did not just stand there with that smile of his face ready for the picture. My mom had to play peek-a-boo with him and catch him right as he turned his head around. She did a great job!

This is one of maybe 3 pictures that Dawson actually smiled in. 
And last but not least, here is the funniest of them all. Here's to better luck next time! Thanks to my mom for having to witness all of this.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute. Way to capture reality. But if you do want to fake it a little, I can try to switch some heads in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they turned out much better that you imply. You all look great! And I'm pretty sure it is normal for kids to make it less than easy on the parents. Which is why we have yet to get family pictures. We should do it soon though. Anyway, I love the pictures! Especially the on eof you and Dean. SOOO sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still got some really good photos. I'm starting to find out how hard it is to take pictures of kids...and I only have one. :) I'm excited to see you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boys are not smiling because they haven't had kisses and hugs from me in nearly a year. :( They're adorable, as always. Be sure to tell them I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are GREAT family pictures!!! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete