Monday, April 12, 2010

It was just an accident mommy!

I feel like I've entered a new level of parenting now that we've finally had the "pour the entire gallon of milk out on the table" incident. I just kept telling myself that this happens in every household across the nation as I was sopping it up. I was kind of hoping I could use the "don't cry over spilled milk" saying, but Dean really wasn't that broken up about it. I came downstairs to find him standing by the table trying to keep any more milk from spilling on the floor, saying "it was just an accident." Which, I suppose, is so true. I guess that's what I get for leaving my children to go upstairs and get dressed. How silly of me.

4 comments:

  1. By the time you have 5-6 children, you will know that a three year old within reach of a gallon of milk all alone in a room is just not, as Martha would say, "a good thing". Come to think of it you already know it. Cute picture though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I ran upstairs to get dressed I came down to soggy toast smeared on my laptop. Awesome! I loved this post, it made Dean seem so...innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be laughing...but that would be cruel. That and I'm sure I would get payback from my own three year old. My favorite part is the cereal floating in the milk still in the bowl. (ok, I'm laughing, but just a little!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend's son once poured an entire gallon of vegetable oil out on her carpet! That's the worst I've ever heard. Makes a gallon of milk in the kitchen seem not so bad, right?

    ReplyDelete