Warning!! Major picture overload. Between my mother's camera and our camera, we had hundreds of pictures from our Maui trip, so we tried to pick the best ones, and since we also use this blog as a family journal of sorts, we are posting a bunch. So beware! You are allowed to scroll through these as quickly as you'd like. I won't be offended. Heck, I won't even know! Okay, let's get started. We took my parents to Maui for one week. They used to take my family when I was little, and we went 4 or 5 times. We haven't been back for about 16 years, so Jonathan and I were thrilled that we were able to take my parents back with us. Here we are when we landed at the airport.
Trying on awesome sunglasses at Boss Frogs, where we rented our snorkel gear from a WAY corny salesman/minister with a WAY creepy laugh.
Sitting on the first beach we went to, Wilea Beach.
The condo pool
My beautiful parents!
Sunset in Lahaina
This is the oldest Banyan tree in the U.S. It came over to Maui from India in the 1800s and was only 8 feet tall. The branches grow out and back down into the ground making more roots. It's pretty amazing.
This next picture needs explanation. When we vacationed in Maui when I was little, we always took a picture next to this sailor statue and made the funny face, so I had to do it again. Someday I'll find that picture of me at 9 years old next to this guy and I'll post it. It was so fun to see the same statue from so long ago.
Taking a break as we walked along the beach behind the Kaanapali resorts.
The view over Honolua Bay, a wonderful little snorkel spot.
We had a blast snorkeling (underwater photos to come, so don't fall asleep yet!) Even though you're not supposed to feed the fish, my mother doesn't listen to any of that. We packed frozen peas and bread to lure the fish in. But it worked too well and they swarmed us and followed us all over. I finally made Jonathan swim to the shore and dump the food because I was afraid of them nipping at us.
Funny guy.
We had to walk through a little forest to get down to Honolua Bay and Jonathan had fun posing as Tarzan.
Tarzan or George of the Jungle, hmm I'm not really sure.
Watching the sunset from the Kamaole beach across the street from the condo.
Waiting for the sunset.
Cool shot, huh? Yea, I took that picture. Go me.
A gecko outside the condo.
One of the highlights of the trip: Ziplining! So much fun. We rode down 8 different ziplines in the mountains of Maui.
Getting ready to snorkel on yet another beach, Ahihi Beach.
This was the condo we stayed in. My parents are waving from the bottom middle patio.
This is Iao Needle, a state park nestled at the bottom of the mountains. We used to come here when I was little and swim in the freezing cold river. No swimming this time though.
After Iao Needle, we went up north to Hookipa Beach watch the windsurfers. It was really fun but extremely windy, and we got a little tired of sand blowing in our faces so we didn't stay too long.
On the way home Jonathan got out and stole a stalk of sugarcane. He chewed on it to see if it was sweet. It wasn't.
So then my mom made a gorgeous headband from it. She's a beauty, isn't she?
Enjoying our strawberry daquiris on the patio.
Another highlight of the trip, the helicopter ride. It really was extremely beautiful, although I did almost go for my "comfort bag" a few times. Why they named it a comfort bag I will never know. For heaven's sakes, it's an airsick bag! There's no comfort in that!
The tallest waterfall in Hawaii.
The island of Molokai, right next to Maui.
Molokai has one of the largest coral reefs.
Snorkeling, once again, about 6 o'clock in the morning on our last day.
Okay, now for the real fun part: underwater pictures! Pretty self-explanatory.
Jonathan getting swarmed because he kept feeding the fish!
My mom and dad
We snorkeling on 5 different beaches and never saw any turtles, so we were getting kind of bummed. But we finally found a beach where there were 3 HUGE turtles feeding off of a huge rock just about 20 feet off the shore. It was so amazing! In this picture you can see a second turled very lightly in the background.




Love the pictures. I am so glad you got to go and so glad the boys did well while you were gone.
ReplyDeleteoh man. that looks like so much fun! glad you had such a great time! and i looked at ALL the pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteits britt....i love the blog and the pics! so fun!!
ReplyDelete