Well, my baby boy is 2! I can't believe it, but it's true. He really is growing up, you know, saying "no" all the time and all that 2-year-old jazz. He is a very happy little guy who puts up with a bully for a big brother and loves to bite his cousin Lincoln. He loves to laugh, play "ring around the rosie," and wrestle with his brother (which always ends in him crying).
Jonathan let Dawson help frost the cake and boy did he love it.
Here is his "cheese!" smile. He looks slightly devilish, especially with that one little canine that hasn't come in yet.
Dawson's party was pretty low-key. We just had some of my family over and got pizza.
I was pleasantly surprised that Dawson liked his hat and actually kept it on!
Here are the party goers (Sydney, Dawson, Mya, Evy, Britton, Dean)
I loved watching the vultures come out as soon as Dawson started opening gifts. They just kept leaning in...
closer...
until I couldn't even get a shot of Dawson without some little person's head in the way (namely Dean's).
My point exactly. Dawson has done a fabulous job of sharing his toys with his big brother.
My sisters got Dawson this awesome drum that came with a few musical instruments inside of it.
All the kids grabbed one of the instruments and my mother started a marching band around the house. (anyone notice my mom's baton? yes, it is a used pizza cutter. I love her.)
The cake. Made by his daddy.
He actually blew out his own candles! Well, the first time one of his cousins blew them out, so we had to light them and sing all over again. But he did it all by himself; I was so proud!
In cake heaven
Unlike his brother, or anyone else I know, Dean does not like cake. He tried a little bit of the frosting and then said "I don't think I like it."
Happy birthday my baby boy. We love you!
Oh my goodness Caprice, could he be any cuter? Happy Birthday to Dawson! I can't believe our little boys are 2...I still remember the day we told each other we were pregnant at my kitchen table, sniff, sniff. I miss you so much!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Dawson! Don't you love how the kids come out of the woodwork when presents are being opened? Funny! That cake looks really yummy too!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Dawson! I can't believe you're so big. (And Caprice -- a present for you: I updated my blog, per your request) :)
ReplyDelete