Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Indian Summer Half Marathon

So way back in April or May, can't really remember, my sister Monique came up with this crazy idea that we train for a half-marathon. Who in the world would want to do that? Run 13.1 miles for fun? Craziness! Well, we decided to do it, and then Jonathan got in on the fun. We trained together all summer and even though training is NOT fun at all, we had fun spending the time together.

What IS fun is actually running the race. It was held in Richland, which was perfect because Monique and I have former roommates that we stayed with. The weather was absolutely beautiful and we ran along the river on a really pretty path. Here we are right before the race started. Along with Moey and Jonathan, we also ran with our friend Chris.
A little nervous, but excited
And we're off!
At about mile 2 we passed a park where the kiddies were playing and Deidre (Chris's wife) got a shot of us. By the way, a shout out to my roommate Jenny for watching our kids while we ran. You're awesome!
This is when Jonathan passed Deidre on the way back.
Coming up on mile 11 and really hurting by this time!


Wahoo!! We actually did it, and we finished under our goal of 2:30, just a tad behind Jonathan's 1:38! He's a stud, isn't he? It was awesome to finish, and I even think I could do another one someday.
Thank you Shamaine for coming to see me finish. It meant a lot to have you there!



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's awesome you guys did that. I could never run a marathon, or a half. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are amazing! What a great accomplishment. Kudos! (Now go eat some Twinkies!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so amazingly proud of you!! I'm sending you lots of love from Ohio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the run again! To bad I didn't have my hair done before then. :) It was so much fun to see you guys again and Dave really appreciated the guys shooting guns with him. :) We'll have to get together again soon! I'm glad we both live in Washington...now to get Heather to move closer.

    ReplyDelete