Wow. I have a 4-year-old. Where in the world did the time go? He's really grown up in the last year, although as you can see in the pictures, he still has bumps and bruises all over his forehead! I don't think this kid will ever grow out of his clumsiness. This time he ran up the driveway and tripped onto the cement. He even got scratches on his nose. He had a great birthday weekend. First, my parents took him to Build-a-Bear (all the grandkids get to go there when they turn 4). He picked out a "Woody" outfit from Toy Story and named him Woody. Thank you Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Ray!
On Sunday we had a family party after Conference.
We were really excited for Dean to open his Vtech camera. His friend Shep had one that he used every time we went to his house, but he has since moved and Dean kept on asking for it. He loves it and has been taking pictures ever since. I haven't downloaded any of the pictures he's taken but I think they'll be pretty hilarious.
Here come the Potato Heads! Dean's been asking for a Mr. Potato Head for a while, so I thought, what the heck, how about 3? Two of my sisters and I all got him one. He was most excited about the Buzz Lightyear one. Dawson's pretty excited about them too, but in the last few days has managed to lose (or hide) about half the pieces already!
And last but definitely not least, the Buzz Lightyear Costume. Perfect birthday present/Halloween costume.
And as soon as Daddy put it on him...
He was off! He took a couple laps around the house before he came back to sit down, yelling "Buzz Lightyear, to the rescue!"
Pure happiness
Regular Mr. Potato Head, Buzz Lightyear, and "trick or tater" one that you can dress up as a ghost!
Dean had a rockin' time taking pictures of his cousins
I know that Dean does not like cake, but whenever we talked about his party he said "and birthday cake too?" So I thought, what the heck, everyone else will enjoy it. And he did like the singing and blowing out the candles.
Happy Birthday sweetheart. We love you!!
What a sweetie! Glad he had a great birthday. He'll always be my little buddy in primary!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Dean!!! Looks like he had a perfect day!
ReplyDelete