Sunday, September 5, 2010

Northwest Trek

I haven't blogged in quite a while, so this is one of 4 posts I've done today. As you'll read about in the next post, Jonathan's parents went on an Alaskan cruise and left from Seattle. They docked in yesterday and were able to spend yesterday and today with us before flying back to Idaho. We took them and the kids to Northwest Trek, a zoo-type park that has animals indigenious to the northwest area. I think we enjoyed it more than the kids, but oh well. We walked around some exhibits then took a tram ride through a free-roaming area. I'm so glad I had the long lens because most of the animals in their exhibits were far away. The first thing we saw was this gray wolf.
Dean reading up on the animals
Grizzly Bear
The tram ride was cool because a lot of the animals were right next to us so we got to see them up close.
Interesting fact about bison: see that huge hump on his back? That is all muscle, and without it, bison would not be able to hold up their huge heads. I thought you'd all want to know.
Dean enjoyed actually riding the "train" more than seeing the animals. Whatever.
Herd of buffalo
Grandpa tried his best to keep Dawson to behave, too bad it didn't work!
Jonathan and his Mom.
The absolute best part of the day was visiting the Wetlands. We saw beavers and otters. The beavers were very friendly and came right up to the glass by the kids' faces. They loved it!
They were screaming and laughing, it was really fun.

6 comments:

  1. we just where there recently too and the boys loved it! i miss you. we need to get together soon! you coming wednesday i hope?

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cute pics, i'm glad you had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dawson's face while squealing with delight! Such cute boys. Glad you survived your crazy drive to Idaho. I promise to call you tomorrow. Life has been wild here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Your boys are so adorable. My kids love Lucy the Otter at the Natural History Museum here (she's a live... not stuffed). Hence, the name Lucy if this baby is a girl. They are so funny when they slam against the glass, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jon and Caprice! It was fun to hear from you :) What a great picture of your family at the top. Your boys are getting so big and so cute!! It sounds like you had a fun summer. We miss you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. guess what the picture of the grizzly bear reminded me of...?

    ReplyDelete