Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Proof that he's my son!

 When Dean was born, everyone said he looked exactly like Jonathan, which I suppose is true. But as he got a little older, I started to see myself in him and thought he looked like me as a little kid. Well here is proof! I found this picture of me when I was 5. Pay special attention to the eyes, nose and smirk.
Here is Dean with my Halloween wig on. Am I the only one that thinks it looks just like me?

This may seem not post-worthy to some of you, but in my family we don't have strong family resemblances. Most of the grandkids look like their dads, not their moms (my sisters). So it's nice to know that at least one of my children has a little bit of me in him!

5 comments:

  1. When I first saw the picture of you, before reading the post, my thought was, "What is Dean doing with pig tails?" And in my world everything is blog worthy! You were awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck! Spitting image if I do say so myself. What a cute, cute boy...and that picture of you is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he is totally the boy version of you!! I definitely see it. That picture of you is so cute! Now I know Dean will be super cute when he grows up, not that there was any doubt before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt really see it until the picture of you, so cute!! hey, aaron saw me in Duke the other day when he smiled (that's the only time)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dying with laughter.
    ...is it ok to say that I have always thought Dean looked like you?

    By the way, you and Jon are my hero's! So impressed with your run. I'm also very jealous that I haven't done a race yet. I'm too lazy!

    ReplyDelete