Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween 2011

We had a great Halloween this year. The festivities started off with a kids party at my sister Shelby's house.
One of the games was bowling, using a pumpkin as the ball and bottles of pop for pins. So much fun!

Next was donuts on a string. Even though he's holding the donut in the picture, Dawson actually ate most of it without his hands. I was so proud.


Dean didn't quite catch on to the "no hands" rule
Then it was the adults' turn. Next time I'll try to remember not to wear a black shirt while eating a powdered donut on a string.


April beat us all! And I was so close too...
Maryanne, Alita, Farrah, Shelby, April
Our next night of fun was Dean's school party. Not actually a lot of fun, but the kids don't really know the difference. Dean's batman costume is made up of pajamas, my old cape I wore as a kid, and his cousin's batman mask. It worked and he loved it.
You can never go wrong with tattoos
Then came the ward Halloween party. I decided to go easy this year and be a black cat. Very creative, I know. I was just proud of myself for getting out of the house 2 weeks postpartum.
Jonathan rocked the disco costume and was a hit in those awesome pants.

We were the coolest van out in the parking lot with our disco ball hanging from the trunk and Jonathan rocking out to Bee Gees blasting from the car.
Finally came Halloween night! We trick or treated with all the cousins. It made for a crazy night with our huge group running around the neighborhood.
It was so cold that the kids had to wear hats and gloves, but at least it didn't rain!
And little Benley slept through the whole thing in his fuzzy bear outfit. What a great sport.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since I've checked out the blog. Jon looked awesome in his halloween costume! And you looked very cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete