Thursday, January 3, 2013

Annual Beach Trip - August 2012

 
 We took our annual beach trip to Ocean Shores this year, hoping for warmer weather than our Oregon beaches we visited in the past. We went with the Walthers and my parents. Ocean Shores is a few hours away from Puyallup. Thank goodness for portable DVD players.
Grandpa is excited
My parents met a lady who feeds the wild deer in the area. We took the kids to see them.
Before bed the kids got to do a coloring activity together.
Dean found a beetle in the condo, and to help the kids not be scared of it, my mother named his "Buster" and had Dean pick it up. Gross. My kids actually got a little attached to him and were sad when we had to let him go.
Go-Karts! One of the highlights of the trip.
I don't know if I've ever driven one of these before. I think the last time I was on a go-kart was when I was 2 years old and my family visited Ocean Shores. Needless to say, I was not very fast.
Grandpa Ray lapped us quite a few times. Heck, everyone lapped us a few times.
Then it was Shelby, Sydney, and Mya's turn.
After go-karts, the boys tried their luck on the slick track that gets sprayed with water so turns are very hard.
Beach time. It wasn't freezing, but definitely not warm. It was actually very hazy. The kids didn't seem to mind though, they still love playing in the sand.



Big sis

Our condo was a little ways from the beach, but there was a path that we could follow through some brush to get there. It was quite a walk, but it was pretty. My mom walked behind the kids and cackled like a witch and kept saying "watch out for the sand witch!"

Jumping off the dunes. Looks a little silly, but it's really fun.
 

 Best buds

 


No comments:

Post a Comment